We realize that traveling to and attending a conference can be expensive. Not everyone who uses or develops open source software has someone to pay their way for them or the means to pay for it themselves. To help, FOSS4G-NA 2015 will be offering scholarships to some attendees in need.
What is included?
Conference grants may include one or more of the following:
- complimentary full access conference passes
- lodging in the conference hotel
- In exceptional cases, we may subsidize airfare or other transportation costs.
Who is eligible?
The travel grants are available to anyone, but their purpose is to help those attend who would not have otherwise been able to. If you have the means to attend on your own, please do not apply.
Because we believe that a diverse community is a stronger community, we’ve dedicated at least 60% of our funds for women and minority attendees. We believe in working towards ending the underrepresentation of these people in the open source community.
How do I apply?
- Apply starting January 7th, 2015
- Be sure to apply by January 21, 2015
- Applicants will be notified of their status by end of January, 2015.
We hope to see you in Burlingame, California!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org