Processing , serving and visualizing huge point clouds on Mobile devices and Web pages.
Mobile Map Tools is a library to build Native Mobile Map Apps. Visualize huge points cloud in a 3D environment is a hard task that could be face using a server-client approachment.
This library has the following capabilities:
- Very big point cloud could be served using a streamed format
- The points serverd save the shape of the cloud
- Using LoD techniques and MMT you can see the point cloud in 3D on any mobile device or web page.
- The point cloud must be pre-processed
The software developed to show this data is:
- A tool to import the point cloud in it's different formats
- A library to save this data in a Berkeley DB
- A library to pre-process fastly this points
- A server to give the appropiate points to the client app
A live demo will be done during the session.
Mobile Map Technology is a library developed by Glob3 Mobile Inc, and is under the Location Tech's umbrella.