Writing for everyone
It only takes one sentence to make a reader glaze over. That sentence may be rich with information and jargon. It may have tried to reassure the reader that the topic is "easy", when it's not. Clear writing is important when welcoming new individuals to the open source community and encouraging them to contribute. This talk will provide tips and advice to keep your readers reading.
An outline of the talk, includes:
* "It's easy", "of course", and other phrases to avoid.
* How to introduce jargon and acronyms.
* Chunking sections into digestible parts.
* Writing in plain language.
* Demos and images, or it didn't happen.